With three kids, I have spent my fair amount of time at the park believe me! When we adopted our seven month old Golden Retriever Sophie, we started gravitating away from the people parks and have tried out nearly every dog park within a 20 mile radius.
I love the dog parks for several reasons.
1. Dog owners talk about their dogs, the way that parents talk about their kids. I have learned so much about puppies and training, grooming and dog friendly places to go.
2. Large dogs like Sophie need to get LOTS of exercise! Sophie is better behaved and more enjoyable to be around if she's gotten that puppy energy out.
Daily, I try to get Sophie at least an hour of exercise. The Dog park seems to wear her out faster than a long run or a game of soccer.
3. Dog parks provide a safe environment for socialization. Sophie is a fairly well mannered puppy and like the report card saying goes "she plays well with others".
Here's a video of a recent trip to our favorite dog park .
The prize pack includes:
* The Nutro Company Natural Choice variety of pet food of your choice
* The Nutro Company reusable tote bag
* Dog treats
* Poop bags
To enter the giveaway you must be a follower of Holy Craft. Then head over to The Nutro Company's facebook page and tell me where the closest room to run event is to you.
Please make sure I have a way to contact you or leave your e-mail address in the same comment. That's it, just one entry! The contest will close on Monday, May 2 and the winners will be announced on Tuesday, May 3.